- Applies to all Linux flavours
#1 select the operating system in Boot Loader (Grub)
Press ‘e’ to edit the commands before booting
#2 Select option 2 <kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32-431.e15.x86_64 ro root=UUID=28~->
#3 Edit the above command by entering ‘e’
#4 In the last line, just edit the line, Enter ‘1’ at end of the lane and press ‘b’ to reboot the system
#5 Once you reboot, system reboots to single user and there , you can change the root password…
Here it is done,
Please follow the steps to take backup and restore IPTABLES in Linux
- iptables -L
- iptables -L -n
(Here -n means no name resolution…. and -L gives list of rules set in IPTABLES)
- If you would like to take the backup of the iptables
- service iptables save
(In case of you have entered any other rules recently and did not save….. you can save the iptables)
- iptables-save > iptablesbackup
(in case of any damage or somebody flushed all the rules in the iptables and woul like to restore earlier one)
- iptables-restore < iptablesbackup
(Here we mentioned ‘<‘ operand, to get input from iptablesbackup iptables backup file)
- service iptables save
First we need to install a small python program in Ubuntu to check the speed of Internet in our network.
$ wget https://raw.github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest_cli.py
$ chmod a+rx speedtest_cli.py
$ sudo mv speedtest_cli.py /usr/local/bin/speedtest-cli
$ sudo chown root:root /usr/local/bin/speedtest-cli
Once it’s done… finally enter the command in terminal “speedtest-cli ”
HOW TO FIX Internet Explorer Web Client for DVR
- Download the Web Client Plugin by entering the DVR IP address/Webclient Or Use the Webclient zipped attachment into afolder with this guideline
- Extract the content of the Webclient zippedfile into the same folder
- Now go to C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\PLUGINS directory.
- If you don’t have PLUGINS folder in theInternet Explorer folder, create one and name it “PLUGINS”
- Then move or copy the extracted contents fromthe Webclient zipped folder into the PLUGINS folder in C:\ProgramFiles\Internet Explorer\PLUGINSdirectory.
- If you have problems copying the file into thePLUGINS folder, you will need to set the security options to ALLOW “Users” in theoptions access to write into the folder.
- After successfully copying Webclient extracts,it is time to register the Webclient.ocx using the following syntax
- regsvr32 “c:\program files\internetexplorer\plugins\webclient.ocx”
- To register, open the COMMAND PROMPT, then typein the above syntax then press ENTER
- You will get aSUCCESSFUL confirmation prompt.
- Now CLOSE theinternet explorer Browser and restart it.
- You can then enter the IP address for the DVR.And you should be able to use the IE browser to connect to your DVR.